Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NST 02 December 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening and to northwest 25 late overnight. Wind becoming east 25 Sunday evening.
Flurries becoming showers or flurries near noon Sunday.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 2 December 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6159N 6600W to 6213N
6400W to 6413N 6333W to 6447N 6046W to 6625N 5740W then northward.
Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 2 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5133N 5531W to 5245N 4900W to 5400N 4830W to 5830N 5630W to 6025N
5305W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5141N 5631W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5603W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 2 December 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located east of Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM NST 2 December 2023 A trough located east of the Belle Isle Bank will move to become
nearly stationary over the Labrador Sea by Sunday morning. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies will develop east of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast and North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: