Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NST 11 December 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 30 knots tonight and Tuesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over northwestern sections tonight and Tuesday.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 5 to zero this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 11 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 6131N 6330W to 6145N 6200W to 6430N 5751W
then northward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 11 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 12 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5240N 5548W to 5430N 5230W to 5545N 5230W to 5830N 5700W to
6050N 5630W to 5850N 4540W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NST 11 December 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 11 December 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today intensifying low 990 mb located over New
By 4:00 p.m. NST Tuesday low 980 mb located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM NST 11 December 2023 A low pressure system over New Brunswick will intensify as it tracks
across Southeastern Labrador tonight before moving east of the marine
district Tuesday afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will develop
over extreme southern waters south of the track of the low tonight.
On Tuesday winds will shift to strong to gale force north to
northwesterlies over most waters in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: