Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 01 April 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 20 knots increasing to northeast 25 late overnight. Wind northeast 25 Thursday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray over northwestern sections today and Thursday.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 31 March 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5740W to 6045N 5905W to 6220N 5730W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:19 PM EDT 31 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5556W to 4500N 5250W to 4445N 4700W to 4600N 4450W to 5030N
4345W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NDT 01 April 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 1 April 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
North Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located off Greenland.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Thursday deepening trough located off Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 AM NDT 1 April 2020 A trough of low pressure off the coast of Greenland will remain
quasi-stationary and deepen on Thursday. Strong to gale force
northerlies will develop over the East Labrador Sea on Thursday
between the trough and a ridge over the Labrador coast.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: