Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 23 April 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to east 30 near noon then diminishing to southeast 15 Saturday afternoon.
Rain beginning this evening changing to showers or flurries Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 April 2021 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from near 5803N 5731W to 6147N 5833W to 6151N
5819W to 6200N 5749W to 6208N 5724W then northeastward. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in western section. 8 tenths first-year ice including a trace of
old ice in the northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:53 PM EDT 22 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4736N 5241W to 4805N 5135W to 5500N 5200W to 6000N 5800W to 6050N
5315W to 5715N 4535W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6058W to Newfoundland near 4845N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 23 April 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 980 mb located over the Gaspe Peninsula.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Saturday low 992 mb located over the Quebec Lower
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough from low located on a line
northwest-southeast over Belle Isle Bank.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Saturday trough from low located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 AM NDT 23 April 2021 A low pressure system over the Gaspé Peninsula will drift slowly
eastward along the Quebec Lower North Shore today and Saturday.
Gale force southeasterly over most southern waters ahead of a trough
associated with this low will diminish in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, and South Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: