Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 29 June 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots becoming west 20 late overnight then veering to northwest 25 Thursday evening.
Showers overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 June 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5835W to 5908N 5732W to 6122N 6158W to
6441N 5749W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 June 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4705N 5305W to 4900N 4800W to 5340N 4810W to 5655N 5120W to 5635N
4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5030N 5955W to Newfoundland near 4940N 5750W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 29 June 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located north of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday departing ridge located over the East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM NDT 29 June 2022 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: