Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 02 April 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to northwest 25 near midnight. Wind northwest 25 Friday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray over northwestern sections today and Friday.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 April 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5800W to 6030N 5930W to 6220N 5730W
then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 4:08 PM EDT 1 April 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5556W to 4500N 5315W to 4440N 4715W to 4600N 4450W to 4900N
4405W to 5225N 4630W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5013N 6113W to Newfoundland near 4834N 5909W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NDT 02 April 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 2 April 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
North Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today deepening trough located near Greenland.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Friday trough located south of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NDT 2 April 2020 A deepening trough of low pressure near Greenland will slowly drift
southward today and tonight. Strong to gale force northerlies are
forecast for most waters today.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: