Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 17 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light near noon Thursday.
Showers and fog patches.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 17 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday. Seas 1 metre or less.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 17 August 2022
Friday Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to north 20 in the afternoon.
Saturday Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15.
Sunday Wind southwest 15 knots.
Issued 11:00 AM EDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6205N 6600W to
6215N 6345W to 6330N 6200W to 6430N 6200W to 6545N 5800W to 6601N
5741W then northward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7308N 6546W to 7115N 6615W to 7200N
6945W to Baffin Island near 7140N 7233W. Sea ice south of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7350N 8649W to
Devon Island near 7429N 8804W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7517N 7933W to
7600N 7600W to 7556N 7408W then eastward. Sea ice north of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4956N 5531W to 5125N 5145W to 5325N 4845W to 5625N 5115W to 5700N
5330W to 5850N 5550W to 5955N 5240W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5842W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5720W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 17 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Marine District.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: