Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 21 April 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots except north 25 over southern sections. Wind becoming north 25 near midnight then backing to northwest 20 Sunday afternoon.
Over open water risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 8 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 April 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5900W to 5950N 5955W to 6145N 5715W
then northeastwards. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4703N 5258W to 4615N 4700W to 4615N 4600W to 4730N 4500W to 4815N
4500W to 5100N 4700W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 21 April 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 991 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 988 mb located east of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM NDT 21 April 2018 A low pressure over the Belle Isle Bank will track slowly eastward
out of the district tonight. Gale force northerlies over southwestern
waters will diminish Sunday evening as the low pulls away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: