Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 14 April 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots veering to north 25 near noon then backing to northwest 20 Thursday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning this evening.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 10 to minus 2 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 8:07 AM EDT 14 April 2021 Today
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4958N 5530W to 5124N 5355W
to 5419N 5139W to 5619N 5637W to 5803N 5824W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the northwestern and western sections.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:04 PM EDT 13 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4725N 5245W to 4730N 5030W to 5120N 4835W to 5500N 5100W to 6030N
5830W to 6120N 5310W to 5825N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 14 Apr estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5126N 5701W to Newfoundland near 5102N 5654W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NDT 14 April 2021
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 14 April 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located over southern
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight building ridge located over the Torngat
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight intensifying low located east of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 AM NDT 14 April 2021 Northwesterly winds will strengthen to gale force over the East
Labrador Sea tonight as a low pressure system intensifies east of
Greenland and a ridge of high pressure builds over the Torngat
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are further advised that freezing spray warnings are
in effect for Mid Labrador Coast - northern of Hopedale, the entire
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: