Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 22 September 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots except east 25 over southern sections today and tonight. Wind becoming northeast 20 Monday morning then backing to northwest 20 Monday evening.
Periods of rain beginning this afternoon and ending Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 September 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7355N 9015W to
Devon Island near 7435N 9110W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7640N 9315W to
Ellesmere Island near 7655N 8925W. Sea ice northwest of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Ellesmere Island 7640N 7750W to 7730N
7445W then northeast. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 September 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5049N 5600W to 5115N 4900W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N 5500W to 6100N
5800W to 6200N 5600W 5900N 5000W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5125N 5657W to Newfoundland near 5114N 5644W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 22 September 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Monday dissipating ridge located east of the
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 979 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday low 978 mb located over the South Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM NDT 22 September 2019 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: