Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 May 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots this evening then backing to east 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Temperatures minus 3 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5715W to 6040N 5713W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 5 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:59 PM EDT 27 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4545N 4620W to 4710N 4510W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 May 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 982 mb located southeast of Greenland.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday low 1008 mb located southeast of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today approaching low 998 mb located over the
Quebec Lower North Shore.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM NDT 28 May 2022 A low pressure system stalled southeast of Greenland will weaken
today. Northwesterly gales can be expected over eastern sections of
the East Labrador Sea this morning between the low and a stationary
ridge of high pressure over the Central Labrador Sea.
A second low pressure system approaching from the southwest will lie
over the Quebec Lower North Shore overnight and over Belle Isle Bank
on Sunday. Strong to gale force easterlies will develop over southern
waters late Sunday ahead of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, South Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: