Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 03 October 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 25 this evening and to west 35 to 45 Tuesday morning.
Showers overnight and Tuesday.
Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 3 October 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7236N 8032W to
7227N 7915W to Bylot Island near 7247N 7900W. Sea ice northwest of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7217N 7458W to
7228N 7406W to 7244N 7448W to Baffin Island near 7234N 7538W. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7256N 7603W to 7336N
7413W to 7406N 7528W to near 7456N 7305W then eastwards. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 3 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5007N 5609W to 5005N 4745W to 5200N 4745W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6010N 5210W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 03 October 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 3 October 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over the coast of Greenland.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing trough located south of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing ridge located east of the East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM NDT 3 October 2022 A trough of low pressure over the coast of Greenland will depart to
the southeast tonight as a ridge of high pressure over the Northwest
Labrador Sea follows behind it. Strong to gale force northwesterlies
in the wake of the trough will diminish to moderate west to
southwesterly winds under the ridge.
On Tuesday, a second trough of low pressure will approach from the
north and swing southeastwards across the district. Strong to gale
force southwest to northwesterlies will develop across most waters in
the wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and South Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: