Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 21 June 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this evening and to southeast 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 35 near noon Tuesday.
Showers Tuesday afternoon and evening. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 June 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from near 5823N 6101W to 5909N 5958W to 6109N
6104W to 6139N 6319W to 6227N 6141W to 6351N 5755W then
northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
5000N 5555W to 5005N 5400W to 5200N 5250W to 5450N 5135W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5805W to 5850N 4715W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5838W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5727W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 21 June 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 21 June 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over the South Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating trough located over the South
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday approaching trough located on a line
north-south over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM NDT 21 June 2021 A trough of low pressure will move to lie over Quebec early on
Tuesday before tracking across Labrador later in the day. Moderate to
strong southeasterly winds ahead of the trough will increase to gale
force over northern waters Tuesday as it approaches the district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: