Northwest Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 22 April 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 25 knots tonight and Monday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray over northwestern sections late this evening overnight and Monday.
Temperatures minus 8 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 April 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5900W to 5950N 5950W to 6135N 5710W
then northeastwards. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4712N 5255W to 4545N 4700W to 4615N 4600W to 4730N 4445W to 4815N
4445W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 22 April 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 22 April 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 989 mb located northeast of Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Monday departing low 989 mb located southeast
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday approaching ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 PM NDT 22 April 2018 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and
south, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: