North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 03 June 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind north 15 knots except north 30 over southern sections. Wind becoming northeast 20 this afternoon then veering to southeast 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Rain ending this evening. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5225N 5540W to 5345N 5530W to
5500N 5700W to 5530N 5630W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:55 PM EDT 2 June 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5508W to 4540N 5310W to 4425N 4735W to 4430N 4530W to 4640N
4405W to 4925N 4420W to 5500N 5000W to 5800N 5500W to 6100N 5800W to
6200N 5630W to 5750N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6033W to Newfoundland near 4858N 5826W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 3 June 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located from the Mid Labrador Coast
to the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing trough located on a line
north-south over the North Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low located near Anticosti Island.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low located over western
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: