North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 16 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Flurries beginning near midnight becoming showers or flurries Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5617W to 5000N 5230W
to 5431N 5330W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea ice north then
west of the ice edge.
8 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 16 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4535N 5330W to 4515N 4900W to 4700N 4750W to 4925N
4745W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 6118W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 16 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located southwest of Greenland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing trough located southwest of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday approaching low 988 mb located near the
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: