North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
Issued 04:00 AM NST 15 December 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 to 20 knots near noon then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 20 Sunday evening.
Flurries ending late overnight.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 14 December 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5310W to
Newfoundland near 4900N 5340W. Sea ice southwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5355W to
4945N 5445W to Newfoundland near 4930N 5510W. Sea ice south of the
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5135N 5530W to 5345N
5535W to 5600N 5945W to 5715N 6045W to 5800N 5910W then eastward.
Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice
along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 14 December 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5550W to 5030N 5500W to 5130N 5000W to 5330N 5000W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5145N 5630W to Newfoundland near 5125N 5615W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 15 December 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NST today dissipating ridge located off Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located over Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday trough located southeast of the Marine
At 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM NST 15 December 2018 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: