North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 22 October 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to north 15 to 20 this morning then to northwest 15 Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5619W to 5030N 5400W to 5130N 5045W to 5430N 5045W to 5800N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 22 October 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the South Labrador Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday approaching ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM NDT 22 October 2018 A trough of low pressure over the Mid Labrador Coast will move to lie
over the South Labrador Coast this evening and gradually weaken.
Strong to gale force north to northeasterly winds will persist north
of the trough today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale, North Labrador Coast - Saglek
and south, South Labrador Sea - northern half and Northwest Labrador
Sea - southern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: