North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 24 June 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots except northwest 25 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to northwest 25 late overnight and to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Rain changing to showers this evening. Fog patches.
North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 June 2019 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5430N 5715W to 5415N 5540W
to 5455N 5435W to 5650N 5855W to 5800N 5930W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 4 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the southern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 June 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5535W to 4540N 5440W to 4505N 5200W to 4500N 4630W to 4730N
4630W to 5200N 4830W to 5530N 5130W to 5900N 5600W to 6105N 5305W to
5830N 4755W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6130W to Newfoundland near 4805N 5855W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NDT 24 June 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 24 June 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today weakening low 983 mb located over
northwestern Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday weakening low 1002 mb located over the
South Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM NDT 24 June 2019 A low pressure system over Northwestern Belle Isle Bank will track
northward to lie over the South Labrador Sea today where it will
meander for the next couple of days and weaken. Gale force
northerlies over most western waters will diminish later today or
tonight as the low weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast, and South Labrador Sea -
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Follow us on Facebook!
A page for weather lovers! Learn about interesting weather phenomena and get informed about Canada's changing climate.
- Date modified: