North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 29 March 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 near noon and to light this evening. Wind light Thursday.
Risk of freezing spray late this morning.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 4.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 29 March 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday. Mainly ice covered.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 29 March 2023
Friday Wind light.
Saturday Wind variable 15 to 20 knots.
Sunday Wind northeast 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday 9 plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4638N 5310W to 4630N 5217W
to 4818N 5150W to 5045N 5453W to 5512N 5350W to 5803N 5756W then
northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 28 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5525W to 4430N 5300W to 4320N 4750W to 4800N 4420W to 5835N
5540W to 5910N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4840N 5829W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 29 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: