North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 08 March 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots tonight and Tuesday.
Temperatures near minus 12.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 4:19 PM EST 8 March 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4839N 5303W to 4934N 5303W
to 5009N 5422W to 5146N 5143W to 5508N 5138W to 5710N 5737W to 5803N
5825W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
8 tenths first-year ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice along
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:52 PM EST 8 March 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4919N 5344W to 5100N 4945W to 5500N 5130W to 6010N 5700W to 6020N
5550W to 6035N 5325W to 5715N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Mar estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5135N 5644W to Newfoundland near 5121N 5633W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 8 March 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing trough located east of Belle
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Tuesday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Strait of Belle Isle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM NST 8 March 2021 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: