North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 21 May 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming west 25 Sunday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 May 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5126N 5730W to
Newfoundland near 5052N 5700W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5050N 5559W to
5057N 5330W to 5515N 5300W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5405W to 4620N 5300W to 4620N 4725W to 4820N 4700W to 5100N
4735W to 5715N 5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NDT 21 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 21 May 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 970 mb located over eastern Hudson
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Sunday low 982 mb located north of Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over central Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday departing trough located over the southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:17 PM NDT 21 May 2022 A trough of low pressure will sweep across Labrador and the Labrador
Sea tonight. Strong to gale force south to southeasterlies ahead of
the trough will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies in its
wake. Strong to gale force west to southwesterlies will persist on
Sunday as a low pressure system tracks north of the marine district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and Mid Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: