North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 28 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 25 knots except light over southern sections. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 near noon and to light late overnight. Wind becoming southeast 15 Friday evening.
Showers this afternoon tonight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 July 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 27 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5045N 5100W to 5400N 5100W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W to 5810N 4650W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 28 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 998 mb located southeast of the East
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 998 mb located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 998 mb low located over Funk
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing trough from 997 mb low located
over the northern Grand Banks.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary high located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM NDT 28 September 2023 A low pressure system southeast of the East Labrador Sea will
continue to track southeastwards today. Meanwhile, an area of high
pressure will remain stationary over Quebec. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies between these two features will diminish to moderate
to strong northwesterlies this morning as the low exits southeast of
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
South Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: