North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 19 February 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight except northwest 35 over northern sections. Wind northwest 15 to 20 except northwest 35 over northern sections Wednesday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4745N 5015W
to 4825N 4825W to 5010N 5005W to 5115N 4820W to 5515N 5250W to 5535N
5605W to 5800N 5835W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure along some portions of coast and in the pack ice today and
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 February 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4739N 5247W to 4715N 4830W to 4900N 4645W to 5210N 4700W to 5700N
5400W to 6040N 5945W to 6325N 5535W to 5700N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NST 19 February 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
North Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2019
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 19 February 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary low 976 mb located southeast
of Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM NST 19 February 2019 A broad area of low pressure southeast of the Labrador Sea will
remain nearly stationary throughout the forecast period. Gale force
northwesterlies will persist across most waters through Wednesday
behind the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: