North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 06 October 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to northwest 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to northwest 30 near midnight then backing to west 25 Friday afternoon.
Flurries this afternoon tonight and Friday. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 5 October 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
4952N 5540W to 5000N 4715W to 5200N 4715W to 5600N 5100W to 5845N
5545W to 6035N 5145W to 5840N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 6 October 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located over the East
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 1002 mb located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing high 998 mb located over the
East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 AM NDT 6 October 2022 A low pressure system over Quebec will move quickly eastward today
and cross the Labrador Sea overnight. Strong to gale force
northwesterly winds are forecast behind the low on Friday.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: