North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 22 February 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots except northwest 35 over northern sections today tonight and Saturday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures near minus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4630N 5525W to 4650N 5440W
to 4615N 5320W to 4625N 5245W to 4720N 5225W to 4650N 4935W to 4715N
4710W to 4905N 4940W to 5050N 4910W to 5420N 5230W to 5640N 5715W to
5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure in the pack ice of the northern section today and Saturday.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4720N 5250W to 4655N 4725W to 4900N 4625W to 5235N 4700W to 5700N
5400W to 6040N 5945W to 6325N 5535W to 5700N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NST 22 February 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
North Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2019
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 22 February 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 a.m. NST today intensifying trough located over the South
By 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday trough located over eastern Belle
At 9:30 a.m. NST today departing low 978 mb located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NST 22 February 2019 A developing trough of low pressure over the South Labrador Sea will
maintain strong to gale force northwesterlies today into Saturday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: