North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 24 March 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 25 near noon then backing to southwest 25 Monday morning.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 12.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4910N 5230W
to 5010N 5055W to 4615N 4655W to 4700N 4440W to 5030N 4745W to 5400N
5000W to 5535N 5205W to 5620N 5610W to 5800N 5800W then northward.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 March 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4110N 5110W to 4135N 4900W to 4600N 4150W to 4900N
4215W to 5650N 5400W to 6020N 5900W to 6200N 5630W to 5740N 4820W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5037N 5928W to Newfoundland near 4942N 5754W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 24 March 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 975 mb located over Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 6:51 AM NDT 24 March 2019 A low pressure system over the South Labrador Sea will weaken into a
trough by this afternoon over the East Labrador Sea. Strong to gale
force easterlies ahead of this feature will shift to strong to gale
force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: