North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 18 February 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 60 knots diminishing to northwest 35 to 45 near midnight and to northwest 25 to 35 late overnight. Wind northwest 25 to 35 Tuesday.
Snow ending near noon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 20 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4730N 4850W
to 4835N 4810W to 5005N 5015W to 5110N 4855W to 5505N 5220W to 5630N
5710W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure along some portions of coast and in the pack ice today and
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 February 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4739N 5247W to 4725N 4845W to 4915N 4700W to 5200N 4720W to 5700N
5400W to 6027N 5919W to 6510N 5439W to 5915N 5203W to 5832N 5003W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NST 18 February 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
North Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2019
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 18 February 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 967 mb located over the South Labrador
By 9:30 a.m. NST Tuesday low 973 mb located southeast of the East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:15 AM NST 18 February 2019 A broad area of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
slowly move to lie over the East Labrador Sea tonight. Gale to storm
force winds to the north and west of the low will diminish to strong
to gale force tonight as the low moves to east.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
East Labrador Sea. Storm warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: