North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 22 February 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 this evening then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Sunday morning except northwest 25 over northern sections Sunday afternoon and evening.
Flurries ending this evening.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Sunday.
Temperatures minus 22 to minus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 4925W
to 5355N 5015W to 5655N 5805W to 5800N 5905W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey-white ice including 1 tenth first-year ice except 9
plus tenths first-year ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5242W to 4748N 4725W to 4900N 4645W to 5045N 4720W to 5400N
5000W to 6230N 5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 22 February 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 990 mb located near Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday low 988 mb located east of the East
At 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday trough from low located over the Northwest
By 4:00 p.m. NST Sunday trough from low located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM NST 22 February 2020 A low pressure system near Ungava Bay will track across the Labrador
Sea tonight. A trough extending from the low will develop overnight
over the Northwest Labrador Sea and will track southeastward Sunday.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies are expected in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale and freezing spray warnings
are in effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: