North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NST 08 December 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind south 20 knots except north 25 over northern sections today and early this evening. Wind becoming northwest 25 this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 25 Friday evening.
Snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over northern sections this afternoon tonight and Friday.
Temperatures minus 5 to zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 December 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5227N 5538W to 5330N 5538W to
5437N 5709W to 5602N 6013W to 6000N 6328W to 6002N 6213W then
northeastward. Sea ice west then north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 1 tenth new ice along parts of the coast.
Consolidated grey ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 7 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5300N 5553W to 5300N 5400W to 5400N 5300W to 5815N 5515W to
6000N 5300W to 5800N 4620W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 08 December 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located over
At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM NST 8 December 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast and Northwest
Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: