North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 22 May 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots becoming west 25 this evening then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight except northwest 25 over northern sections. Wind variable 10 to 15 except northwest 25 over northern sections Monday.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 May 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5125N 5700W to
Newfoundland near 5115N 5647W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5050N 5559W to
5100N 5330W to 5530N 5215W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:20 PM EDT 22 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4645N 4700W to 4830N 4650W to 5100N 4735W to 5715N
5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NDT 22 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 22 May 2022 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 981 mb located north of Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Monday dissipating low 992 mb located north of
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 1008 mb located northwest of Maine.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday low 1000 mb located southeast of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM NDT 22 May 2022 Strong to gale force west to southwesterlies will persist tonight as
a low pressure system tracks north of the marine district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast and Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: