North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 27 May 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Sunday morning then backing to north 25 Sunday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 27 May 2023
Tonight and Sunday. Mainly ice covered.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 27 May 2023
Monday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 20 in the afternoon.
Tuesday Wind southeast 25 knots.
Wednesday Wind southeast 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday 7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme northeastern section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 May 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4905N 5337W to 4851N 5123W
to 4939N 5049W to 5304N 5100W to 5527N 5310W to 5543N 5601W to 5803N
5815W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:37 PM EDT 27 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4502N 5323W to 4630N 4746W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5805N 5150W to 5935N 4840W to 5830N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 27 May 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 1000 mb located over southern Belle
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Sunday departing low 999 mb located southeast of
the Marine District.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 999 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Sunday low 995 mb located northeast of
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: