North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 16 January 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 25 knots Thursday afternoon.
Flurries beginning near midnight and ending Thursday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray Thursday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures near minus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 4830N 5245W
to 4945N 5320W to 5015N 5505W to 5110N 5310W to 5325N 5340W to 5425N
5155W to 5605N 5610W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 January 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5212N 5540W to 5200N 5500W to 5400N 5200W to 5500N 5200W to
5700N 5500W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 16 January 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight approaching low 998 mb located north of
the Gaspe Peninsula.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday dissipating ridge located over Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:06 AM NST 16 January 2019 A low pressure system will approach from the southwest this evening
and cross Southeastern Labrador on Thursday. Strong southerlies will
shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: