North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 18 November 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 25 knots tonight and Monday.
Flurries ending late overnight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures near minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 November 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5340N 5915W to Labrador
near 5350N 5935W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5935N 6350W to 6030N
6400W to 6040N 6245W then northeastward. Sea ice north and west of
the ice edge.
Bergy water except 9 tenths new ice in some small bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 18 November 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5539W to 5100N 5330W to 5145N 5030W to 5300N 5030W to
5700N 5300W to 5730N 5700W to 6000N 6000W to 6100N 5400W to 5800N
5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 18 November 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 18 November 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Monday ridge located over central Labrador.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight low 976 mb located over the northern
By 4:00 p.m. NST Monday low 984 mb located south of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM NST 18 November 2018 An intense low pressure system over the North Atlantic will drift
slowly northward as a ridge approaches from the west. Strong to gale
force northwesterlies will develop between these two features tonight
and persist into Monday.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
South Labrador Sea and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all waters except East
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: