North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 23 January 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots tonight and Thursday.
Flurries beginning Thursday evening.
Temperatures minus 25 rising to minus 15 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 3:47 PM EST 23 January 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4840N 5305W to 4900N 5250W
to 4945N 5315W to 5000N 5440W to 5035N 5240W to 5255N 5205W to 5405N
5230W to 5510N 5355W to 5650N 5720W to 5800N 5800W then northward.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey-white ice including 4 tenths first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 January 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from Newfoundland near
5119N 5539W to 5100N 5500W to 5230N 5000W to 5330N 5000W to 5500N
5100W to 5700N 5500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5624W to Newfoundland near 5128N 5611W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 23 January 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 989 mb located northeast of Belle
By 9:30 p.m. NST tonight departing low 990 mb located southeast
At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over central Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located over the southern East
At 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday approaching ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM NST 23 January 2019 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the South Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: