North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 25 April 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 25 Thursday morning then veering to southwest 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
A risk of freezing spray over northern sections Thursday.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4825N 5305W to 4820N 4850W
to 5345N 5230W to 5625N 5735W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4717N 5248W to 4515N 4700W to 4530N 4600W to 4630N 4430W to 4845N
4500W to 5015N 4600W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5045N 5913W to Newfoundland near 4957N 5745W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 25 April 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday departing trough located southeast of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over Hudson Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located over Ungava Bay.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday approaching low 994 mb located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM NDT 25 April 2018 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: