North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 18 March 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 25 knots increasing to northwest 35 to 45 this evening. Wind northwest 35 to 45 Monday.
Periods of snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 March 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4855N 5050W
to 5520N 5240W to 5610N 5530W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 plus tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths first-year ice
except 9 plus tenths first-year ice in the southeastern and northern
sections. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice today and continuing
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5517W to 4545N 5330W to 4515N 4745W to 4515N 4600W to 4800N
4600W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5832W to Newfoundland near 5033N 5719W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NDT 18 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
North Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 March 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 18 March 2018 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 967 mb located over northern Funk
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday low 974 mb located over eastern Belle
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:23 PM NDT 18 March 2018 An intense low pressure system will remain nearly stationary over
Northern Funk Island Bank tonight. On Monday, the low will track
northeastward across Belle Isle Bank early in the day then turn back
toward the South Labrador Sea later in the day. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies to northeasterlies will persist over most waters as a
result. Over the northern half of the Mid Labrador Coast gale to
storm force northerlies can be expected.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
the Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale. Gale warnings are in
effect for all remaining waters except Lake Melville , South Labrador
Sea - southeastern half, and Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: