North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 16 October 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind backing to north 15 late overnight then diminishing to light Wednesday afternoon.
Flurries ending late overnight.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 15 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 4945N 5200W to 4930N 4900W to 5400N 4930W to 5800N
5630W to 6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 16 October 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today deepening low 990 mb located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 963 mb located over Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching ridge located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM NDT 16 October 2018 A low pressure system over Quebec will continue to rapidly deepen as
it moves to lie over Southeastern Labrador this evening, then out to
sea tonight. Strong to gale force northeasterlies will develop on
Tuesday as the low approaches before strengthening to gale to storm
force northerlies as the low tracks past the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the South Labrador Sea - southeastern half and East Labrador Sea -
southeastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Lake Melville,
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south and
East Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: