North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 27 April 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 15 knots increasing to northwest 35 this morning then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight except west 25 over northern sections overnight and Saturday.
Rain or snow changing to flurries this morning and ending near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray today and Saturday.
Temperatures plus 1 falling to minus 12 to minus 6 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4825N 5305W to 4820N 4850W
to 5100N 5115W to 5425N 5235W to 5635N 5735W to 5800N 5830W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5252W to 4530N 4730W to 4515N 4545W to 4630N 4430W to 5015N
4545W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5929W to Newfoundland near 4950N 5752W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NDT 27 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 27 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 995 mb located north of the Gaspe
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 988 mb located north of the East
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday building ridge located over northern
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Saturday approaching trough located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 AM NDT 27 April 2018 A low pressure system north of the Gaspé Peninsula will move
northeastward across Labrador this morning to lie north of the marine
district by late this evening. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
will develop ahead of the low then shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: