North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 26 March 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 this evening with gusts to 35 then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 20 Wednesday evening.
Flurries ending Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Wednesday morning. Risk of freezing spray Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 March 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5255W to 5100N 4930W
to 5400N 4930W to 5545N 5315W to 5620N 5600W to 5800N 5730W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 26 March 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4110N 5140W to 4045N 4920W to 4615N 4145W to 5020N
4050W to 5620N 5315W to 5630N 5335W to 6000N 5830W to 6120N 5600W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5037N 5928W to Newfoundland near 4942N 5754W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 26 March 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 988 mb located over the northern
Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday low 995 mb located over the East
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday approaching ridge located on a line
north-south over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 PM NDT 26 March 2019 A low pressure system over the Northwestern Labrador Sea will move
southeastwards tonight and Wednesday. Meanwhile, a ridge of high
pressure will approach from the west. Strong southwesterlies will
increase to strong to gale force westerlies between these two
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northwest Labrador Sea and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: