North Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NST 06 December 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 25 knots increasing to northwest 35 this afternoon and to northwest 35 to 45 Thursday afternoon.
Flurries changing to snow Thursday evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 December 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5213N 5538W to 5348N 5518W to
5559N 5947W to 6031N 6404W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
Bergy water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Consolidated grey ice in a few bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 5 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5240N 5548W to 5315N 5415W to 5700N 5415W to 5830N 5630W to
6050N 5630W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 06 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 6 December 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
the South Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday dissipating trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today weakening low 967 mb located southeast
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 972 mb located south of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM NST 6 December 2023 A low pressure system is expected to approach the marine district
from the east today and Thursday. Strong to gale force northeast to
northwesterlies are expected to develop over all waters ahead of this
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except the East Labrador Sea - northwestern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- East Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: