North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming south 15 this afternoon. Wind south 15 tonight and Tuesday.
Temperatures minus 4 rising to plus 1 this afternoon.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Mainly ice covered.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 29 May 2023
Wednesday Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind northwest 25 knots.
Friday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday 7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme northeastern section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4905N 5337W to 4856N 5151W
to 5146N 5158W to 5205N 5442W to 5527N 5310W to 5532N 5610W to 5803N
5815W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the extreme
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:46 PM EDT 28 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4502N 5323W to 4630N 4746W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5805N 5150W to 5935N 4840W to 5830N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 995 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 1003 mb located northeast of Belle
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 AM NDT 29 May 2023 A low pressure system approaching from the south will move to lie
over Eastern Belle Isle Bank tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies can be expected over southern waters today and this
evening as a result of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
South Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: