North Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NST 20 January 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots increasing to northwest 45 this evening. Wind northwest 45 Sunday.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 12.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4935N 5320W
to 5025N 5525W to 5105N 5235W to 5510N 5255W to 5725N 5720W to 5800N
5750W then northwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey ice including 2 tenths first-year ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 19 January 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5330N 5615W to 5330N 5200W to 5500N 5130W to 5700N 5300W then
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
North Labrador CoastIssued 09:30 AM NST 20 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 20 January 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 a.m. NST today trough located on a line east-west over
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday dissipating trough located over Labrador
At 9:30 a.m. NST today low 976 mb located southeast of the East
By 9:30 a.m. NST Sunday low 977 mb located over the northwestern
East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 AM NST 20 January 2018 A trough of low pressure over the Labrador Sea will gradually weaken
tonight. Strong to gale force northeasterlies can be expected north
of the trough today with strong to gale force westerlies to its
south. Meanwhile, a developing low pressure system will track slowly
northwestward across the East Labrador Sea today and tonight.
This system will bring gale force northwesterlies to western waters
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters except East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: