Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 04:00 AM NST 26 January 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 25 this morning and to northwest 35 to 45 this afternoon. Wind backing to west 25 to 35 this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 late overnight. Wind southwest 15 Thursday.
Snow today. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray late this afternoon and tonight.
Temperatures minus 14 rising to minus 3 near noon then falling to minus 21 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 January 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4855N 5225W
to 5016N 5411W to 5213N 5213W to 5502N 5201W to 5803N 5618W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:09 PM EST 25 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5110N 5005W to 5245N 4820W to 5600N 5345W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and southIssued 04:00 AM NST 26 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 26 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 1004 mb located over the Quebec Lower
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday low 982 mb located over southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM NST 26 January 2022 A low pressure system will approach the district from the southwest
this morning and cross the Southeastern Labrador Sea later today and
tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the low will
shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, South
Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half, and East
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: