Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
Issued 04:00 PM NST 07 February 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to south 30 early this evening and to southwest 35 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 near noon Wednesday then increasing to west 30 Wednesday evening.
Flurries ending near noon Wednesday.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 26 to minus 18 rising to minus 10 to minus 5 overnight then falling to minus 18 to minus 10 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N 5332W
to 5015N 5520W to 5112N 5316W to 5324N 5057W to 5535N 5319W to 5618N
5621W to 5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
9 tenths grey-white ice. Consolidated first-year ice along the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:08 PM EST 7 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5015N 5631W to 4930N 4900W to 5135N 4720W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NST 07 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 7 February 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM NST 7 February 2023 A trough of low pressure approaching from Quebec will move to lie
over northern waters this evening. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies will develop south of this trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south, South
Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half, and East
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Sea, Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern
half, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: