Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 04:00 AM NST 25 January 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming west 15 knots this morning then becoming variable 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 Wednesday morning then increasing to northwest 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures minus 24 to minus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4855N 5225W
to 5016N 5411W to 5218N 5259W to 5500N 5251W to 5803N 5653W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:39 PM EST 24 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5120N 5030W to 5250N 4830W to 5600N 5400W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 25 January 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line north-south over
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday departing trough located northeast of
the Marine District.
At 4:00 a.m. NST Wednesday approaching low 1004 mb located over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today departing trough located east of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM NST 25 January 2022 A low pressure system will approach the district from the southwest
on Wednesday to lie over the South Labrador Sea by Wednesday
afternoon. Strong to gale force southeasterlies to southerlies will
spread across southern waters on Wednesday ahead of the low before
shifting to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, South
Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: