Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 04:00 PM NST 19 January 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 25 knots backing to west 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind west 15 to 20 Thursday.
Flurries ending near midnight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4838N 5301W to 4930N 5315W
to 5030N 5519W to 5246N 5358W to 5444N 5456W to 5544N 5633W to 5803N
5738W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 4 tenths grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice along the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:08 PM EST 19 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5210N 5550W to 5125N 5145W to 5215N 5000W to 5425N 5125W to
5600N 5500W to 5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 4:00 PM NST 19 January 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 19 January 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located on a line north-south over
the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday trough located east of Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday ridge located over eastern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 PM NST 19 January 2022 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will move east of
the district tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of
the trough will shift to west to northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and the Mid Labrador Coast - north of
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all regions with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: