Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 21 March 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light Thursday morning.
Risk of freezing spray late this evening overnight and Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4910N 5005W
to 5530N 5210W to 5635N 5510W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths first-year ice. Strong ice pressure today and easing
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4653N 5409W to 4530N 5315W to 4500N 4745W to 4515N 4530W to 4700N
4530W to 5100N 4745W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5145W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5724W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 21 March 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
the central South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over the southern South Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located from Labrador to the
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday ridge located over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM NDT 21 March 2018 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: