Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 24 March 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 20 this evening and to west 30 late overnight. Wind west 30 Sunday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning this evening.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 12 rising to minus 14 to minus 6 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5240W to 4830N 4930W
to 5050N 5320W to 5400N 5035W to 5655N 5835W to 5800N 5825W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
4 tenths first-year ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice along
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 24 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4530N 5315W to 4500N 4745W to 4515N 4515W to 4715N
4515W to 5100N 4645W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 5130W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 4:00 PM NDT 24 March 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 24 March 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Labrador.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located north of Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday weakening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the East Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM NDT 24 March 2018 A trough of low pressure will approach the marine district from the
north tonight and move southward across the Labrador Sea overnight
and Sunday. Strong northwesterlies will increase to gale force
westerlies tonight ahead of the trough. Winds will diminish to strong
northwesterlies in its wake on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast - Saglek and
south, and the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: