Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NST 11 December 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots today and tonight. Wind northwest 20 Wednesday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 10 December 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4935N 5430W to 4945N
5430W to Newfoundland near 4955N 5535W. Sea ice south of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5040N 5610W to
5050N 5545W to 5145N 5505W to 5340N 5515W to 5630N 6025W to 5805N
6140W to 5800N 6015W then eastward. Sea ice west and north of the
Bergy water except 5 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice along
parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 10 December 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 11 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5130N 5530W to 5130N 5430W to 5230N 5000W to 5500N 5000W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 11 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5145N 5630W to Newfoundland near 5125N 5615W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 11 December 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 11 December 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary high located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 AM NST 11 December 2018 A large area of high pressure will remain quasi-stationary over
Quebec and a trough of low pressure will remain quasi-stationary over
the coast of Greenland. Gale force northwesterlies will persist over
most waters throughout the forecast period between these features.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek, and the
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except Lake Melville.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: