Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 06 February 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 25 knots with gusts to 35 near fjords. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday morning then increasing to southwest 25 Tuesday evening.
Periods of snow Tuesday late in the day. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 26 to minus 18 rising to minus 18 to minus 10 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 February 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N 5332W
to 5015N 5520W to 5108N 5338W to 5328N 5131W to 5520N 5243W to 5633N
5651W to 5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
9 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus tenths grey-white ice in the
western section. Consolidated first-year ice along the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:00 PM EST 6 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4915N 4845W to 5120N 4710W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 6 February 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located over
At 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday trough located over Hudson Bay.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Tuesday trough located over the Northwest
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 4:00 p.m. NST Tuesday ridge located on a line east-west over
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM NST 6 February 2023 Strong to gale force westerlies will persist this evening and tonight
for most areas between a trough of low pressure along the Greenland
coast and a ridge of high pressure over Labrador.
On Tuesday another trough of low pressure will approach from Northern
Quebec and enter northern waters late in the day. Strong to gale
force southwesterlies will develop south of this trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: