Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 18 September 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots except variable 15 over northern sections. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 late this evening. Wind variable 10 to 15 Saturday.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 July 2020 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5549W to 5130N 5000W to 5430N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N
5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5120N 5636W to the Labrador coast near 5133N 5648W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NDT 18 September 2020
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 18 September 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 986 mb located northeast of the East
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 984 mb located southeast
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday departing trough located on a line
north-south over the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight building ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM NDT 18 September 2020 A low pressure system northeast of the East Labrador Sea will depart
the marine district this evening. Strong to gale force west to
northwesterlies in its wake will diminish as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: