Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 21 February 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind west 25 knots backing to southwest 20 after midnight then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 17 rising to minus 7 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 5:06 PM EST 21 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 4925W
to 5355N 5015W to 5655N 5805W to 5800N 5905W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 4 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 4 tenths first-year ice in the eastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4747N 5247W to 4800N 4800W to 4900N 4720W to 5045N 4720W to 5530N
5130W to 6100N 5700W to 6300N 5400W to 5830N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5133N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 21 February 2020
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 21 February 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight weakening low 990 mb located over northern
Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday dissipating low 1000 mb located east of
Belle Isle Bank.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over eastern Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Saturday departing ridge located over the East
At 3:00 a.m. NST Saturday low 984 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 988 mb located west of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM NST 21 February 2020 A low pressure system over Belle Isle Bank will weaken as it tracks
southeastward away from the district tonight. As a result, gale force
northwesterlies over southern waters will diminish overnight.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
South Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: