Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 31 May 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to north 15 to 20 knots late overnight then backing to northwest 25 Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Showers overnight and Thursday.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 31 May 2023
Tonight and Thursday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 31 May 2023
Friday Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.
Saturday Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots becoming southeast 15.
Sunday Wind south 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday 5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice along the coast. Consolidated rotten first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5138N 5637W to
Newfoundland near 5124N 5634W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4934N 5428W to
5125N 5502W to 5501N 5409W to 5532N 5610W to 5803N 5815W then
northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice along the coast.
Consolidated rotten first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:59 PM EDT 31 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4500N 5325W to 4640N 4710W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5745N 5250W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 31 May 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: